Monday, July 27, 2009

It's been a while...

not that anyone reads my blog...

but i decided I would post on here again. School is about to start, and I think I'm almost ready.
Not physically.... I'm not packed, my room isn't cleaned (but it's on it's way) and everything for my dorm isn't bought yet.
but Mentally. I've been so scared of leaving, and I still am, but I think I'm ready to accept that it's not going to change, and that I have to just deal with it. I'm almost ready for this next step. I'm still not read to leave everyone behind, but I'm ready to move forward.

It's not a great place to be in...
But i'll work through it, I know I will. I'm strong, or I like to think so anyway. And I have people who will help me through this.
So here's to reassurance, I suppose. And acceptance.
TCU, i'll see you in a few weeks.

1 comment:

DereksDiscourse said...

I read it! :)

You should download a program called Windows Live Writer. It is like Microsoft Word and it connects directly to your blog. Makes blogging a little easier.

As far as your post goes, I know the feeling. (I claim not to know what you are feeling, but just that I know the feeling of being fully ready for change.) For me, it was leaving for boot camp, then war. We are creatures of habit; you have been basically in the same habit for so many years that change is scary. Waking up, going to school, etc... College does afford fun and freedom, but with it comes the realization that you are now one step closer to being a true "grown-up". Will you be able to achieve your dreams, goals, hopes aspirations? I think so. I still sometimes feel the same way you are feeling right now. But I know that anything I do apart from Christ will never last.

-dc-